You suffer a lot of complexity during pregnancy, your baby is growing in your womb and you struggle with this situation in every moment even while sleeping, you need a proper diet and enough sleeping. Sleeping is one of the most important parts of this moment. Sleeping in a good position is helpful for you, it will not give extra pressure to your baby. You need to sleep in the right position. Unfortunately, you cannot sleep in a proper position, especially from the third trimester. In this situation, the best pregnancy pillow can ease your sleeping position.
A pregnancy pillow is designed especially for pregnant women, which is a large cozy cushion, comes with different shapes and sizes. A pregnancy pillow gives you proper support to your body, makes you comfortable by supporting your bump, also helpful for relieving pain. The best pillow for pregnancy also supports other body parts.
Top 10 Pillow for Pregnancy
Types of Pregnancy Pillow
The pregnancy pillow is designed to ensure you for heist comfort. Various types of pregnancy pillows are available, which are described below.
- Total body pillow: This body pillow is giving you full-body support. It is designed for your body size, the heavy and bulky pillow gives you comfort into bed. There is a pillowcase to keep it, easy to use. The fact is it will help you with beer sleeping especially at your last stage pregnancy.
- U-Shaped pregnancy pillow: It will support your whole body. If you are a back sleeper, it can prop you up properly. You can easily sleep into this comfortably.
- Side sleep pillow: Sometimes you feel discomfort when baby creates a strain on your back, this pillow gives you total belly support. It will help for good blood flow and support system of you and your baby body. Your body will be the correct position.
- Back position: Sleeping in the back is necessary to keep spine good, but the back position is not a good choice for you because it makes constant pressure on your back and makes pain, your back needs enough rest which can give you only back position pillow. It will support your lower back, upper back, neck, and shoulder.
- Wedges: It is best to carry along with you anywhere even in traveling, best to use any of part of your body. It is made of foam, so gives you support with comfort. The small size pillow, easy to carry and easy to use. You can keep your room and use lower back, back, neck, stomach where you need.
- Inflatable pillow: This pillow is specially designed for removing ache, gives support to the stomach, it is also called stomach sleeper. The largest size which you give ultimate support. You can adjust it with air and make comfortable as you want.
Why you need a body pillow during pregnancy?
There are many reasons to use a pregnancy pillow. We have discovered some certain benefits of a pregnancy pillow which have discussed in the following.
- Body Support: You need more body support during pregnancy. A good pillow ensures proper body support, decreases the giving pressure on back, shoulder, stomach, keeps your spine good. A pregnancy pillow can increase your body’s alignment.
- Promote blood circulation: Appropriate blood circulation encourages your baby to get the right position. A pillow for pregnant women can increase blood circulation. The proper blood circulation can help for appropriate support and relieve pressure on your body.
- Relief heartburn: You are suffering extreme heartburn, which is more common in pregnancy. The easy way to get relief from heartburn is that using a pillow, which is helpful for acid reflux.
- Make you more comfortable: A soft pregnancy pillow helps you to be comfortable and relax. An uncomfortable sleeping position is harmful to you and your baby. So you need a pillow for comfort. A pillow is also helpful for nursing.
- Good Position: A pillow helps to sleep in a good position while it is so tough for you, but using a pillow can ease the position either you are back, side or stomach sleeper.
- Relief Pain: It can strongly support your lower back. It can help to reduce chronic back pain.
- Proper sleep: Doctors recommend sleeping around eight hours which can be a big challenge for you, by using pregnancy pillow you can increase sleep quality and time for giving its maximum comfort.
How to use a pregnancy pillow?
According to the national sleep foundation, 78% of pregnant are facing the problem of sleeping. Only a pillow can solve this problem. All pillows are not equal, you have to use according to your pillow size. You will know how to use a pillow as per size.
- Full-length pillow: Those pillows are fully straight and extra-long, you can cuddle and embrace the full pillow. You should keep it straight to support your body. Place the pillow on your bed and keep it around your arm and make a comfortable position.
- Full-body pillow: It is giant and supports your entire body; you just spread it up to climb easily. The full bottom of the pillow should reach to your belly.
- U-shaped pregnancy pillow: It can be easier to cuddle when you are a side sleeper. It helps to sleep at your back position, use it for side and back.
- Inflatable pillow: It is perfect if you sleep in your stomach. It features with a pump, you can put with an included pump to make comfort level. You can place a towel or blanket for more comfort. After making the pillow inflated you can lay on it.
- Pregnancy Wedge: There are two shapes, triangle and round, you can choose any of them. It is easy to use, just place to it underneath where you want. This is versatile, you can use it not only for sleeping but also for many works.
Note: You can use pregnancy pillow between your knee, behind your back, and under the stomach for relieving pressure and getting good support.
What to Consider Before Buying a Pillow for Pregnancy?
- Size: Pregnancy pillow comes with different sizes. When you choose a pillow that time remind your bed size because it needs enough place to set if your bed is too small than just use wedges. If you travel frequently then choose a versatile pillow to carry.
- Shape: Some pillow sizes are large and need enough space, the shape can be straight, round, angle and U shape. You need enough knowledge of shape before buying because large shape takes a large portion of the bed.
- Material: It can fill with different types of materials such as foam, polyester, microbeads, wool, cotton, velour even air also. Always check that is the pillow washable or not, few materials not for washable.
- Comfort: Some materials are comfortable, you need the highest comfort, shouldn’t compromise with comfort. Choose the highest comfortable pregnancy pillow.
- Price: Price can vary for materials. Few materials are expensive. A full-body pillow or large pillow can be more expensive than other pregnancy pillows. It is not that the most expensive pillow is more comfortable, you can get the best pregnancy pillow at a lower price also.
Top 10 Best Pregnancy Pillow Reviews
You might be confused to choose the best pillow for pregnancy among many pillow brands with lots of features, we can help you by recommending 10 best pillows for pregnancy.
1. Leachco Back ‘N Belly Pregnancy/Maternity Contoured Body Pillow
The Back ‘N Belly gives you original back support, There’s no need to reposition pillows during the night, simply turn from side to side and your body pillow is a custom fit. The inner contours were designed to follow the natural curved shape of your body. The Back ‘N Belly Original comes with Sham-style cover which is removable and washable.
If you are a back sleeper and face lots of suffering to sleep at the back than you can choose this pillow. It is easy to use and gives you comfort at night, no need to change your position. And also helps with acid reflux. It gives proper support to your knee.
I think this pillow is perfect for you. Definitely it can be a good investment. It completely comes with perfect shape, if the bed is queen.
- Perfect for back sleeper
- Provides equal supports for back and belly
- No repositioning pillows during the night
- Inner curve design
- Provide support for neutral positioning
- Sham-style cover is removable and washable
- Soft and comfortable
- It has a space issue
- If you have sensitive skin don’t use it; made of polyester blend
2. QUEEN ROSE Pregnancy Pillow (2 Sideds)-U Shaped Maternity Body Pillow with Cover
This big “U” shaped maternity support pillow is uniquely designed to follow the natural shape of the pregnant mom. Especially favorite for expecting mothers and people suffering from hip or back pain. If you’d like to sleep more deeply, the cradling comfort and gentle support of this premium pillow can make it happen.
It meets all the physical needs of pregnant women and provides exceptional comfort, pain relief, and quality rest for expecting mothers. The material meets your needs for comfort. This pillow creates comfortable positions when sleeping, reading, nursing, watching TV.
It supports back, belly, sides, head, knees, and feet, and long enough for you to stretch out and support both sides of our body.
- Double C Shaped Pillow
- Uniquely designed to follow the shape of the pregnancy mom
- Total body support; both sides of our body
- Super soft and comfortable position
- Multi-purpose; whatever you are doing, you can use it
- Not too puffy and large
- Not comfortable for a too long a woman because of its size.
3. Boppy Slipcovered Total Body Pregnancy Pillow
The Boppy Total Body Pregnancy Pillow is a one-piece maternity pillow that provides total body support for your head, neck, back, hips, and baby bump. It is designed to follow the shape of a growing baby bump. The body pillow is great for prenatal support and beyond through postpartum recovery.
The multi-use body pillow helps you get comfy while sleeping on your side, but also while lounging or sitting. It is very easy to use, easy to zip on and off, 100% cotton removable cover for easy care, which is machine washable. The pregnancy pillow is filled with 100% polyester virgin fiber, which ensures durability.
You will be happy to get this maternity pillow, you will like its shape and size. It is safe, with no harmful materials, comfortable, and durable.
- Total body support; Head, neck, back, hip
- Unique contoured shape
- Designed to follow the shape of a growing baby bump
- Multi-use; sleeping, lounging or sitting
- 100% cotton removable cover for easy care
- Machine washable
- Easy zip on and off
- Safe and durable materials; filled with 100% polyester virgin fiber
- Feet section is not comfortable
- Fabric is not so soft
- It doesn’t work for pain relief
4. PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow with Jersey Cover, C Shaped Full Body Pillow
PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow comes with Jersey Cover, this C Shaped Full Body Pillow Includes Travel Bag. Our body pillow cover is zipper removable and machine washable for quick and easy cleaning. Pillow cover will still be soft and comfy even after 300+ washes. The double-stitched this pillow all the way around, for extra durability.
The pregnancy pillow is filled with a polyfill blend that is designed to provide soft comfort with increased support density as you apply weight to it. You can carry it anywhere because it looks so stylish with a travel bag. You can store it easily, just put in a storage bag and take the pillow wherever. This ultimate pregnancy pillow is helping support your back, hips, knees, neck, and head.
- C-shaped full body pillow with jersey cover
- Includes travel bag; comfortable to carry anywhere
- By storage bag, it can easily store
- The ultimate pregnancy pillow helps to support your back, hips, knees, neck, and head
- It looks stylish
- Comfortable and lightweight with super soft materials
- Double-stitched; durable
- It is not so long
- It is too bulky
5. Leachco Snoogle Original Maternity/Pregnancy Total Body Pillow
Snoogle is a true and original maternity body pillow, which giving strong back support, it also gives stomach support. It is uniquely designed to follow the natural contour and shape of your body from head to toe, ensures perfect sleeping and relaxing.
It has a cover that is removable and washable, so it is easy to use. The extra-long midsection is the perfect width for total back or tummy, any of direction you can choose to snuggle up in your Snoogle. The slightly curved end tucks snugly between the knees as it conforms to your shape keeping you cool and comfortable. It can help to provide support for neutral positioning.
The design was developed by a Registered Nurse and mom, you can obsess with it its absolute support and comfortable sleep.
- Strong support for neutral positioning
- Cool and comfortable
- Slightly curved end tucks snugly between the knees
- Removable/washable cover
- Multiple support; hips, back, neck, and tummy
- Too difficult to get on and off
- Not perfect for a taller woman
6. Meiz Pregnancy Pillow with Jersey Cover, Full Body Pregnancy Pillow with Velvet Cover, U Shaped Body Pillow for Pregnant Women
Meiz maternity pillow fits side and back sleepers. This U shaped full body makes you entirely relax that giving you back support and makes you feel safe with side sleep. This full-body pregnancy pillow replaces the need for up to 5 other pillows. So, if you’d like to sleep more deeply, the cradling comfort and gentle support of this premium pillow can make it happen.
It helps to relieve legs sore and swelling by raising your legs, helps you to relax after a busy day. It’s easy to take it to travel when you put it in a vacuum compression bag, Perfect to use it on your bed, couch, sofa, or even the floor.
The Polyfill material provides the perfect balance between comfort and support for your full body, it also blood circulation all night long and releases your body pressure.
- It is too huge; perfect for a long women
- The wider and longer upgraded shape provides more comfortable support
- Two different pregnancy pillow cover; velvet and cooling jersey
- Material designs to meet the temperature and make comfortable
- Effectively offers improved blood circulation
- It helps to relieve legs sore and swelling
- Double-stitched for extra durability
- Extra-large; not comfortable for all
- No stuffing at the head side
7. Boppy Side Sleeper Pregnancy Pillow
The Boppy Side Sleeper Pregnancy Pillow will help you stay on your side with two connected pillows providing the perfect support for your back and baby bump while side sleeping. The compact design saves space in your bed and allows you to sleep comfortably even while traveling.
This versatile little supporter helps you get comfy while sleeping, but also while lounging or sitting. It is great for a growing baby bump or even post-partum recovery. This pillow has ultra-soft jersey removable cover for easy care, easy zip on and off, and machine washable.
The Boppy Side Sleeper Pregnancy Pillow is filled with 100 percent polyester virgin fiber, ensures durability and reliable support.
- Perfect support for your back and baby bump while side sleeping
- Compact design saves space
- Versatile; comfortably while traveling
- Multi-use; sleeping, lounging or sitting
- Ultra-soft jersey removable cover; Machine washable
- Easy zip on and off
- 100 percent polyester virgin fiber, ensures durability
- It is too bulky
- Doesn’t give proper support at the stomach
8. hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge for Maternity
This product is a great solution for removing pregnancy discomfort. As your needs and desires shift from moment to moment, simply flip it over to regain maximum comfort. Place under your belly, behind your back, or between your knees to help you feel more comfortable relaxing or sleeping. It helps relieve nerve pain and leg numbness.
You will like it because it is super soft, washable, and durable. The perforated foam layer helps keep the pillow cooler which makes it more comfortable while sleeping. hiccapop wedge pillow makes traveling easy with its own carry bag, you can go room to room or traveling anywhere it can go with you.
It is manufactured with perforated CertiPUR-US deluxe memory foam and no harmful chemicals. You are getting a lifetime guaranty with excellent customer service.
- Helps relieve nerve pain and leg numbness
- Perforated foam layer helps keep the pillow cooler
- Dual-layer technology offers a softer memory foam layer on one side and a firmer layer on the other
- Velboa cover that’s extra soft, yet durable and machine washable
- Included travel bag makes it travel-ready
- Lifetime guaranty
- Doesn’t give enough back support
- It gets hot after using sometimes
- The second downside is too short
9. Cozy Bump the Best Pregnancy Pillow for Sleeping by Back
Cozy Bump is a pregnancy pillow, pregnant mom use it for stomach sleeping. The decline in the leg section helps decompress the lower back and relieve back pain. Cozy Bump can be the best maternity pillows, as it’s made of 100% cotton and comfortable for a better sleep throughout your pregnancy.
Research Shows Laying on the Belly with raised hips & lowered legs help move the Baby to the optimal birthing position (Head Down), The Cozy Bump Pregnancy Body Pillow helps put the mother in that same position because it’s a stomach sleeping pillow.
It is easily inflated & deflated, can be adjusted to fit your belly size. You can do exercise on it, also helps to increase blood flow.
- Designed as stomach sleeping pillow
- Relieves back pain
- Made of 100% cotton and comfortable for a better sleep throughout your pregnancy
- Reduce the need for C-sections by comfortably laying in the optimal birthing position
- Get additional back & belly support with the belly swaddle
- Easily Inflated & Deflated
- Allow to parental massage and pregnancy exercise
- Lying on it long time is not comfortable
- It is too big and high, difficult to place and store
- It has a strong plastic smell
10. Boppy Pregnancy Wedge
The Boppy Pregnancy Wedge provides simple support for your baby bump or back, this versatile maternity cushion is portable, lightweight, and easy to position throughout the night. The compact design saves space in your bed and allows for comfort anywhere, even while traveling. The jersey removable slipcover is easy to use, machine washable, and ultra-soft, just remove the cushion before washing. You can use it for belly support while side sleeping, lumbar support while sitting, or knee support while relaxing.
- Promotes side sleeping
- Perfect for travel
- Portable, lightweight and easy to position
- Ultra-soft jersey slipcover
- Removable slipcover is machine washable
- Pillow is too small
- It has a strong smell
Frequently Ask Questions on Pregnancy Pillow
When should I start using a pregnancy pillow?
You can start any time when you need, usually, from 20 weeks, you will feel difficult to sleep, when your womb is getting bigger, you can suffer back pain and leg cramps. That time you will feel the pregnancy pillow has certain benefits, and it will meet your needs.
What are the benefits of a pregnancy pillow?
The pregnancy pillow helps a lot during this time, it can help for pain relief, especially for back and knee pain. It also helps relieve heartburn. Lack of sleep can be caused much pain, you feel difficulty sleeping. A pregnancy pillow can help or good sleeping. It gives great support to your body.
Which side should you sleep on when pregnant?
Many doctors recommend sleeping on the left side because it allows for more blood flow and has not any side effects. It also reduces heartburn and nasal congestion. You can sleep right or back by using a pregnancy pillow.
Why do you put a pillow between your legs when pregnant?
When you use a pregnancy pillow between your legs, it will relieve pressure and discomfort, you will get strong support and comfort while sleeping.
Can I sleep on my stomach during pregnancy?
You should sleep comfortably, how you want, it is more important. You can sleep at the stomach, but by mid-pregnancy, you will feel difficult to sleep, try to use a pillow for supporting your growing belly, it makes you comfortable.
How many hours should a pregnant woman sleep?
Sleeping can be a challenge for you, but the researcher says that you should sleep for eight hours daily. You should maintain a sleep routine, need to sleep at the same time regularly.
You are getting your new version as your body shape already changed, you need rest and comfortable sleep. The pregnancy pillow would be best for your body support and give a good sleeping position. Your comfort is the most crucial part of your pregnancy. Use a comfortable pregnancy pillow for natural sleep.
You can choose any of them as we discussed some pillows, it can be your best pregnancy pillow. A pregnancy pillow is necessary to purchase for you and your baby.