A torn meniscus is one of the most prevalent types of knee injuries. Any movement that provokes you to forcefully twist or rotate your knee, particularly when giving your full weight on it, can get to a torn meniscus. Each of your knees has two menisci – C-shaped pieces of cartilage that act like a shock absorber between your tibia and your thighbone. A torn meniscus induces pain, swelling, and stiffness. You still might feel a blockade to knee motion and have trouble reaching out your knee fully.
Conservative treatment such as rest, ice, brace, and medication is sometimes sufficient to relieve the knee pain of a torn meniscus and give the injury time to heal on its own. In other situations, however, a torn meniscus needs surgical repair.
3 Top Knee Brace for Torn Meniscus and Arthritis
|1. Actimove GenuFlex GenuStep Hinged brace for Minor Torn Meniscus|
|2. Bauerfeind GenuTrain S Knee Brace for Moderate Torn Meniscus|
|3. Donjoy OA FullForce Knee Brace for severe Torn Meniscus|
What a Torn Meniscus Feel Like?
- Minor Tear
- Minor pain and swelling
- Pain and swelling diminished in 2-3 weeks
- Moderate Tear
- Swelling becomes worse over 2-3 days
- Reduced capability to bend the knee
- Stiff and swollen
- Intense pain when you squat or twist the knee
- Severe Tear
- Knee pop or locks
- Unable to straighten the knee
- Stiff and swollen
- Unable to walk
Treating Torn Meniscus
Your orthopedic surgeon treats your tear can depend upon the tear you have got its size and its location. The outside one-third of the meniscus contains a rich blood supply. A tear during this “red” zone might heal on its own, or will often be repaired with surgery. A longitudinal tear is an example of this type of tear. In distinction, the inner two-thirds of the meniscus lacks a blood supply. While not nutrients from blood, tears in this “white” zone cannot heal. These complicated tears are usually in thin, worn cartilage. Because the pieces cannot grow back together, tears during this zone are typically surgically trimmed away.
Rest the knee and don’t walk on it often. Your doctor might suggest that you just use crutches to avoid swing weight on your leg.
- Wrap up the knee.
- Elevate the leg up above your heart.
- Ice the affected area
- Look into physical therapy
- For severe injuries: surgery to repair or remove pieces of the meniscus from the joint area
- Use a knee brace for torn meniscus
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines like aspirin and ibuprofen reduce pain and swelling.
If your symptoms continue nonsurgical treatment, your doctor might recommend arthroscopic surgery.
You May Like:
- Best Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis As Per User Reviews
- Most Comfortable Steel Toe Boots For Standing All Day
The Best Knee Brace for Torn Meniscus
There are many sorts of knee braces to choose from supports, sleeves, stabilizers, and hinges. Some options like hinges produce a more rigid match than additional flexible options like sleeves. There are two basic brace designs are wraparound or slip-on. Wrap-around is Velcro straps for an additional customized fit, whereas slip-on braces merely slide onto the leg.
Choose from an open or closed patella. If you like to cut back pressure on the kneecap, an open patella is that the higher choice. Some knee braces are available in a universal one-size-fits-all option; Most are available in variable sizes to better accommodate the user. Perpetually check with the brand’s sizing chart to confirm that you’re selecting the suitable brace size.
1. Actimove GenuFlex GenuStep Hinged brace for Minor Torn Meniscus
The GenuFlex hinged knee brace is built from breathable fabric, that provides effective compression and pain relief. The slim-line, wrap-around design makes it simple to use and wear beneath normal garments while preventing brace migration. Knee movements are guided anatomically by polycentric hinges, providing safe knee support. This hinged style is right for meniscus injuries. The Actimove GenuFlex brace is simple to use and wear under traditional clothes while preventing the brace from moving or slippy.
Conditions appropriate for the Actimove GenuFlex GenuStep Hinged knee brace
- A minor meniscus tear of the knee
- Postoperative knee surgery
- Painful osteoarthritis and rheumatism of the knee
Features of the Actimove GenuFlex GenuStep Hinged knee brace
- Attractive fashionable design
- Molded hinges prevent pressure points
- Patella opening helps correct positioning
- Special closure system permits a fast and simple application
- Open hinge joint area prevents wrinkling and skin maceration
- Snug, non-slip suitable enduring comfort and robust support
- Can be worn beneath everyday garments owing to its slim design
- Breathable Neoprene-free AirFlow™ material provides sensible compression
- The advanced counter-strap system reduces brace migration, rotation, and slippy.
- Polycentric hinges guide knee movements anatomically permitting full flexion while preventing hyperextension
Sizing of the Actimove GenuFlex GenuStep Hinged knee brace
Measure your thigh circumference 10 cm (4 inches) above the kneecap with flexion of 15° to find your size.
- XS– 12- 13.5 ”
- S– 14- 15.5”
- M– 16-17.5”
- L– 18-19.5”
- XL– 20- 21.5”
- XXL– 22-23.5”
- XXXL– 24- 25.5”
2. Bauerfeind GenuTrain S Knee Brace for Moderate Torn Meniscus
The Bauerfeind GenuTrain S knee brace provides active support to cut back pain around the knee joint. With a flat-fitting style, it is usually worn below clothing to mitigate pressure, provide cushioning, and significantly the elastic pads gently massage the area to encourage circulation to promote healing. This combination of gentle compression and massage speeds up the reabsorption of edema and effusions.
The S within the name ‘GenuTrain S’ stands for ‘splints’ because the brace incorporates lateral joint splints to guide the movement of your knee.
Whether you simply suffer from occasional knee pair otherwise you need support to assist treat a selected condition, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain S Support might facilitate to cut back your pain and discomfort. Conditions for relieving with the GenuTrain S knee brace include:
- Moderate torn meniscus
- Osteoarthritis of the knee
- Rheumatoid inflammatory disease
- Ligament Instability
If you’re unsure concerning whether the GenuTrain S support is right for you, we have a tendency to recommend you consult your doctor or another medical professional. they’re going to advise whether this can be the proper support for your specific needs.
Bauerfeind GeunTrain S Knee Brace Feature
- Three-Dimensional Train Active Knit: The knitted material offers a perfect match, improving comfort with best neuromuscular joint stabilization.
- Tension Straps: every flat-fitting strap is separately adjustable with a small Velcro whole system, giving an improved match.
- Joint Splints: These enhance the mechanical stabilization of your knee.
- Viscoelastic Pads: get pleasure from a massaging result throughout the movement to stimulate blood flow and encourage healing.
- Breathable Train Active Knit: The generation S is light on the skin and comfy to wear for ongoing use.
- It prevents reduced Pressure at the edges.
Sizing of the Bauerfeind GenuTrain Knee Brace
The Bauerfeind GenuTrain Knee Brace is workable in six different sizes for the left or right leg. For measurement, your knee bend in 30-degree flex, for above knee circumference taking from 17 cm upper from the knee joint, and for below knee circumference taking 15 cm below from knee joint. Choose which size is appropriate for you.
|Size 1||28 – 31cm (Circumference Below Knee)|
38 – 41cm (Circumference Above Knee)
|Size 2||31 – 34cm (Circumference Below Knee)|
41 – 44cm (Circumference Above Knee)
|Size 3||34 – 37cm (Circumference Below Knee)|
44 – 47cm (Circumference Above Knee)
|Size 4||37 – 40cm (Circumference Below Knee)|
47 – 50cm (Circumference Above Knee)
|Size 5||40 – 43cm (Circumference Below Knee)|
50 – 53cm (Circumference Above Knee)
|Size 6||43 – 46cm (Circumference Below Knee)|
53 – 56cm (Circumference Above Knee)
3. Donjoy OA FullForce Knee Brace for severe Torn Meniscus
This brace offloads the affected compartment of the knee whereas reducing ligament strain, permitting active patients to travel a lot of miles with less pain. reduce ligament strain with 4-Points-of-Leverage clinically show to reduce strain by keeping the knee during a stable position to reduce further cartilage injury.
OA FULLFORCE is DonJoy’s lightest OA knee brace that offloads the affected compartment of the knee whereas reducing ligament strain, permitting active patients to travel a lot of miles with less pain. Reduce ligament strain with 4-Points-of-Leverage clinically shown to scale back ACL strain by keeping the knee during a stable position to reduce further cartilage damage. The pain of early OA will impede a healthy lifestyle. Keeping moving and staying robust might facilitate prolonging the degenerative process of OA.
- Lightweight Comfort – DonJoy’s lightest OA frame provides a comfortable work permitting most knee to perform. Condyle Pads give comfort and support.
- Reduce ligament strain – The 4-Points-of-Leverage™ is clinically shown to scale back ACL strain by keeping the knee in an exceedingly stable position to reduce additional cartilage damage.
- Minimize pain- The adjustable structure shifts the painful joint loads from the degenerative compartment to the normal compartment. It produces four degrees of correction into the frame, whereas the hinge permits the ability to fine-tune the load.
Designed to support and defend degenerative arthritis (OA) of the knee, ACL ligament strain, and knee stabilization. Best for daily activities.
Sizing of the Donjoy OA FullForce Knee Brace
Take the measuring of your thigh and calf 6″ on top of and below your kneecap using a tape to measure. Use the diameter you measure here to decide on your size.
|XS||13″ – 15.5″ (33-39 cm)Thigh|
12″-13″ (30-33 cm)Knee Center
10″-12″ (25-30 cm)Calf
|S||15.5″ – 18 .5″ (39-47 cm)Thigh|
13″-14″ (33-35 cm)Knee Center
12″-14″ (30-35 cm)Calf
|M||18.5″ – 21″ (47-53 cm)Thigh|
14″-15″ (35-38 cm)Knee Center
14″-16″ (35-40 cm)Calf
|L||21″ – 23.5″ (53-60 cm)Thigh|
15″-17″ (38-43 cm)Knee Center
16″-18″ (40-45 cm)Calf
|XL||23.5″ – 26.5″ (60-67 cm)Thigh|
17″-19″ (43-48 cm)Knee Center
18″-20″ (45-50 cm)Calf
|XXL||26.5″ – 29.5″ (67-75 cm)Thigh|
19″-21″ (48-53 cm)Knee Center
20″-22″ (50-55 cm)Calf
|XXXL||29.5″ – 32″ (75-83 cm)Thigh|
21″-23″ (53-58 cm)Knee Center
22″-24″ (55-60 cm)Calf